Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, another Thanksgiving Day and as always, and as most everyone can say, there is so much to be thankful for.  I won't go into the list, but my family of course is at the top.  After that, it's the support of my friends during this journey.  Got married this year, finally lost the weight that I have been trying to lose for 30 years...and I made the decision to do the plastic surgeries.  I spoke with plastic surgeons several years ago, before I lost the last of the weight and I was so disappointed.  A couple had no experience with massive weight loss...one wanted to just lipo my arms (as if!!) and the other just didn't get it.  The last one, who got it the most, said "I won't do any surgeries until you lose 50 more pounds."  Well, he was right!  But he also gave me a quote of $50K!  Ouch!  I haven't quite lost all the 50 lbs, but I am working on it before surgeries.  And what I don't get off, I am ok with.  I don't want to be Barbie, I just want to look like I would look at 40 if I hadn't been extremely morbidly obese most of my life.

I love my husband, he's the platform that this queen stands on.  He has enabled me to be who I am and allowed me to do the things I want to do.  Thank you Tim.

I love my kids, they put up with me most of the time.  I love my family because no matter what crazy thing I do, they may not agree, but they are still there and they are still my family.

Last but not least, I can only say I am Thankful for this country and for all the people who made it what it was.  We are lucky, regardless of anything else, we are lucky.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment