Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back from Carribean Cruise

So...back from the cruise, and I really couldn't enjoy it. I mean, Gregory had an absolute blast with the childrens program. We said he was 12 so he got into the 12-14 year old program (instead of the 0-11) and he LOVED it! But...feeling so self conscious because of the skin...and looking at everyone else having so much fun, wearing cute sun dresses and looking good...I just couldn't feel good...I don't know. We did this pirate ship excursion..where you are on this pirate ship, they make the kids scrub the deck (just for fun) and you walk the plank...it was fun...but I was the only woman wearing men's board shorts over my bathing suit and felt so odd about it. Ugh, anyway, can't wait to feel a little more normal...I do not want to be Barbie, and I know that I won't be...but I feel like everyone knows I was so fat with all the skin. I also feel like everyone is staring at me...it may just be me though. Anyway, 25 more days until my surgery!! Wewt!

2 comments:

  1. Cassandra, I think that you are very brave for choosing to do this surgery. At your young age, it will make a tremendous difference in how you feel about yourself. It's one thing to lose weight, and be able to cover up the extra loose skin, and another to be able to enjoy your new, smaller, more youthful body. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn!! I appreciate the support. I will keep this blog updated as I am there, so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete