Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today!

So, I am sitting in the hotel room at 6:30 am, waiting for Dr. S to pick me up in an hour. My Ambien wore off, so I did sleep well, but I am anxious to get started! Here's what happened yesterday...

Mom and I flew from Dulles to Dallas, and then to Monterrey. At first we didn't see Dr. S waiting, and then turned around and there he was. Of course I immediately recognized him...and he said "I thought that was you" but he hadn't even seen pictures of me. The pictures I sent him had my head cut off...so maybe he was recognizing the wreck of body I have here. :)

The ride was nice, we all chatted a bit and he called the dentist for mom. That is his own dentist so we feel good about that. He took us to the hotel and took us to our room and then said he would be back in an hour and 15 minutes to pick me up for marking...and that I may want to shower. So, we tried to unpack fast, I tried to get the Internet router up fast (didn't work) and then showered. I was feeling kind of stressed because I couldn't get that to work.

So then he was here...I was feeling a bit nervous. We went to his office...which is small...very small...and then did our consultation. He marked me up for a couple of hours, at some times there was no conversation because he was so intent. His brows would furrow and he would just be concentrating on something so hard...even my mom said he looked like an artist at work.

He did the lower body markings first and by the time he was done and showed me what he was doing, I was in shock! If I put my middle finger on the top of my pubic line, and stretch my thumb as far up as it can go above the belly button (he will make a new belly button or move this one...not sure which) then that is the amount of skin he is removing from my belly...and my butt isn't so tall, but he's removing quite a bit from there too! The lower body lift goes all the way around my body and he removes skin. I will have a scar completely around...just call me Frankenstein. :) Ok, so after the LBL markings, he did the thighs...of course he had to say "this is where most of the fat is". I have always been shaped like a pear! Anyway, AMAZING the amount he is going to take off the thighs...my skin won't knock into each other around the knees like it does now. I am just so completely in shock! Then on to the boobs! We are doing a lift and an implant with about a large C size. I put a shirt on he had and put some plastic molds of boobs over my existing ones and looked in the mirror. I picked the first size he showed me...I want something to fit with my frame, not look too small or too large! I hope I picked right! So then, on to the arms. I am still amazed at how much he marked to remove...WOW. After each set of markings, he made me look in the mirror and showed me what was going to be done. I knew I wouldn't be Barbie, but I surely didn't expect this much removal...we will have to see the final result in six months...since that's about how long it takes for it to completely stop swelling, etc. I am positive I am going to see results within the first few weeks though...with that much, how can it not!

I have to throw this in here too. At one point in his office I thought I was going to pass out. He had it warm in there and I hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I needed water. Mom went down to get me a bottle of water and I had taken some nuts to eat...but I had to sit down. Dr. S says it happens and it was ok, and took advantage of the time by answering emails, but I felt weak doing that! So, after a few minutes I was fine, and it went on as normal. One last thing...at one point he was marking up my lower back/upper butt and I had to pass gas. Of course I didn't, but it took all I had the entire marking session not too! I am taking these stool softeners so that I don't get backed up with all the medication he will have me on so it was hard, but I refrained, ha ha! If you guys could of been reading my mind the whole time, I was just praying not to pass gas! :D

The one good thing he did say to me was when we were talking about lipo on the back area, he told me I didn't have much fat there! YAY! There was one spot on my body where I didn't have much fat!!! :) Woohooo!

So then, back to the hotel. Was no eating after midnight so we had to hurry up and eat. After I checked in on Mary and gave her the sleeping pills from Dr. S and mom got her phone call from the dentist, we went to Applebee's and then got back to the hotel. I got the Internet and Skype working right and made sure mom's computer was hooked up so she could use it while I am gone. The dentist also called us at 9 last night and is picking up mom today at 10:30 while I am in surgery. She is getting 5 crowns while she is here! Much cheaper!! I don't want her sitting in the clinic for 13-14 hours...and by the time I am done it will be like 11pm so I told her to stay at the hotel. Dr. S said as soon as he is taking his gloves off, he will call her first. She will send the emails out to Tim and all letting everyone know I made it fine!

So, that was yesterday....and now it's today. I am kinda talking to mom while typing, so it's taking a bit to type this...mom is chatty this morning. :D I guess she's nervous too! Although I am not nervous, I am a bit anxious. Meeting Dr. S took all the nerves out of me. He is very personable and calming. He makes you feel totally comfortable and not like the ugly duckling who he was 'fixing.'

Ok, so time to go brush the teeth and wash the face and off to the clinic I go! Pray for me, wish me luck, etc. I will be back online maybe Friday if the clinic Internet works right, otherwise not until Sunday or so when I am back to the hotel. :) Talk to you guys then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment