Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Drain Gone

So, Corrie came by after work tonight and cut the stitch holding the drain and and removed the drain from my right arm.  Finally!  It burned, not as bad as the left arm, but it did burn.  She pulled it out just pulling once and not stopping!  I was yelling and Tim heard me upstairs, and he doesn't like that.  He wanted Gregory to turn the TV up so he didn't hear it, but it was over in like 10 seconds.  It burned for quite a while after and I can still feel it, but it's ok!  I took some Tylenol right when she got here.

I have one drain left, but unfortunately it went UP in draining yesterday!  From 140cc's the day before to 180cc's yesterday?!?!  WHAT?!?!  <sigh>  It's the left leg, and it's not so hard to hide in the pant leg if the pant leg is wide...and most of my pant legs are.  I plan on going to work tomorrow, was going to go in later but Government is 2 hour delayed!  Woot!  So then I don't have to take leave. :)  Speaking of pants...we went to lunch today, the whole family for like a delayed Valentine's Day lunch...and I put on my old jeans.  Here I am thinking I am going to have to wear a belt to hold them up...but noooooooooooo...they fit the exact same!  I know I am swollen and everything but I wanted to see at least a little bit of difference!

Corrie and I have plans Friday night to take all the stitches out as long as Dr. S says it's ok.  I am sure at least the arm and boob stitches will come out, probably the lower body lift stitches too.  It is going to take a while with that many stitches and we'll order dinner and watch a movie while we're doing it I guess.  The skin is growing over the stitches a little bit...but we will get them out, hopefully, ha ha.  Corrie's sister was excited that Corrie got to do this today, because her sister is studying to be a physicians assistant.  Corrie should do something like that too because she has such a strong stomach!

I am going to take some pictures on Thursday...that is three weeks out.  I haven't really felt like taking any so far because I am in such a hurry to get my compression garments back on after showering.  I am so swollen and he took so much skin that I feel like I am going to bust my stitches!  It didn't feel that bad this morning so I think that means the swelling is going down!  Yay!

Anyway, next post will probably be with pictures!  How exciting!  Be prepared!


No comments:

Post a Comment